Overview

This blog is intended to document the build of my Gardner Douglas Mk4 Cobra; partly as IVA evidence, bit primarily to help others learn from my mistakes and/or successes.

I will endeavour to post as often as possible, with a view to entering a single post for a particular element of the build process, however inevitably some things may not be completed in one go. All posts will be tagged so it should be easy enough to find the information you seek.

Please subscribe to receive emailed updates and feel free to post any comments or questions which I will make my best efforts to respond to.

Saturday 20 August 2016

Windscreen Washer

Now that the daunting bit of fitting the wiper spindles is done, I turned my attention to the washer system.

In an effort to keep the engine bay as clutter free as possible I have decided to install the washer bottle in the offside wheel arch compartment (idea shamelessly stolen from Rob's blog), I may also install a float switch to tell me when it's low.  The bracket for the bottle is fitted to the inner wing and the bottle just clips in.

Like many others I've opted for a single washer jet in the centre and this was install 40mm back from the rubber seal of the windscreen. A simple 8mm hole and nut on the back, the hose then follows the wiper bundy tube and enters the wheel arch compartment above above the pedal box. The wiring will also follow the same route for the pump.

Tube will be cable tied to Bundy tube

Tube enters wheel arch compartment above pedal box

Bottle fits snuggle in wheel arch compartment
 
Washer nozzle looking neat and tidy

No comments:

Post a Comment